Saturday, August 11, 2012

Goals?

Hi-oh (as Kermit would say)!

I just re-read some of my latest posts. I still feel a bit the same about some of those goals. The difference now is that I am working some new goals, while I have accomplished some of the goals I set out. And even, I have completed some new goals that I set out since the last post.

- Dyson update: Yes!!! My parents (god love them (sometimes) ) bought J and I a Dyson. It was on some ridiculous sale at Lowe's. There is only two in the city, and I am not close to either of them, but good 'ole mom and dad were! I now LOVE vacuuming because you can actually see the dirt disappear. Thank you Mr. Dyson!

- Gardening update: Another Yes!!! I got everything in the garden that I wanted. I have even reaped some rewards from it. So far, we are talking beets, carrots, LOADS of tomatoes, eggplant, cucumber, zucchini and one lone potato. Check it out!


- Painting: Nope. Still nothing. I just don't seem to have the time.

- Repairing relationship with the in-laws: I think so. It's hard to tell. They were here for a 10 day visit. And it went remarkably well. I guess only time will tell.

-Getting fit: Well...it was time. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. So. I joined a gym. And I got a personal trainer. And I'm trying to eat better. I lost two whole pounds since I started. But I was so uninspired with that two pound loss, that I ate 5 oreos to soothe the sting. NOT RECOMMENDED. So...now I am working out a minimum of twice a week. But I would rather be working out more like 4 or 5 times a week. I guess I will have to talk with J about it. It's a big commitment, but I feel like I NEED this to feel like my old self again.

In other news...I am heading back to work on September 11th. I DID NOT CHOOSE THE DAY. What a terrible omen. But I am really looking forward to it, even though it means that I'll be away from my babies. K starts school this September also. I am feeling a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. No more babies after I starts daycare on September 4th. But maybe that is a step in the right direction to getting myself together?

No comments:

Post a Comment